Monday, May 25, 2009

Sunday's Shopping Trips and Tips

The photo above is from my trip to Albertsons, CVS, and Walgreens. I personally think Albertson's is way to expensive (and I just don't like the one near me) so I never shop there...but yesterday they had a shrimp sale...Extra Large Shrimp $14.99 buy 1 and get 2 FREE...

Total I spent $45 at these 3 stores and saved $128. CVS and Walgreens have items ever week that when you purchase them you get a coupon back for money to use on your next purchase (for example: $5 off your next purchase) so sometimes I have to do more than one transaction so I can get the coupon and then use it to buy the next item to get another coupon...In order to get the coupons to print at CVS you MUST get a CVS card...so go to WWW.CVS.com and register for your free card today or sign up for on the next time you are in CVS and then go online to register it so they will also send you coupons in the mail!! Like $4 off $20....


The above picture is from my shopping trip to Publix last week. I must admit that prior to couponing I had stopped shopping at Publix as much because i was doing what I thought at was saving money...boy was I mislead...PUBLIX is the place where you want to be for grocery's...the majority of Publix takes all competitors coupons and you can use multiple coupons per item (which means, one competitors, one manufacturers, and one Publix) now granted three for one item doesn't happen that often..but two typed for one happens A LOT...In addition you can use one coupon for each item when it is B1G1 (buy one get one free)...(for example, Dixie plate are B1G1 right now at publix....which means you can print 2 coupons from Target.com and then use 2 manufactures coupons if you have them from past sales ads). It is a good idea to buy at least 2 Sunday papers...I don't worry about cutting all the coupons at that time...I cut as I need them...but it is important to write the date of the newspaper on the FRONT of the coupon insert...so if a website like www.southernsavers.com , refers you to a certain issue on a certain date, you can easily locate it...

Yesterday I went to a variety of stores, Publix, Albertsons, CVS, and Walgreens. I spent a total of $80 and saved $200. In future post I will share more pictures of my loot, as well as, be more specific about amounts spent and saved. Please feel free to ask me any question you may have...i may not have the answer but if I do I will definitely share...I hope you save money, that is my primary reason for this blog!
More to come....


No comments:

Post a Comment